Appoints a coordinator from the IAAP board and a project manager
IAAP project manager (chair) and 2-6 other experts
- Peter Pedersen, pharmacist (project manager)
- Gabi Jones, pharmacist
- René Schwarz, biology technician
- Monica Mennet von Eiff, pharmacist (coordinator IAAP board)
asked on request by the APC commitee
Anthroposophic Pharmaceutical Codex (APC) Standing Orders
The IAAP board is responsible for the contents and the publication of the APC. The IAAP board appoints a responsible project manager. The project manager asks 2-6 experts to join the APC commitee. The APC commitee may ask the advise from any experts. The IAAP board confirms the project manager every 3 years.
The APC commitee submits its recommendations to the IAAP board. The IAAP board adopts the recommendations or requests the commitee to review its proposals. Ideally these proposals should be the unanimous decision of the APC commitee. If no unanimous recommendation is given by the commitee, the issue is passed on to the IAAP board for final decision.
The APC commitee meets at least once a year.
If the text of the APC will be amended, this will require the agreement of the members of the APC committee. 4 members should be present at least. Their decisions should be unanimous.
For a new substance to included into the lists of starting materials, the following must be available:
- declaration, that a quality control monograph is available
- definition of the starting material
- reference to other existing standards, if applicable
- brief rationale of the substance from the anthroposophic point of view
- publication on the use of the substanc in anthroposophic medicine
Explanatory Notes need to be checked by 2 members of the APC Committee and reviewed by a native speaker.
The members of the APC commitee as well as the advisers, if they agree, will be mentioned in the editions of the APC.
Project manager appointed by the IAAP board 09.2017: Peter Pedersen